Monday, February 13, 2012

Lobsters Are Bugs

Tonight, a major life milestone was past: I went on my first Real Date.

OK, so I've said that about a lot of other events. And I will probably say it about many more to come. This is because the classification of "date or not date" is not binary, but runs along a continuum of more and less traditional activities. And on Valentine's Eve, I have moved further along this continuum than ever before: I took my fiancée to a Real Fancy Restaurant.

This was only because we got a Gift Card for Red Lobster last Christmas, but for purposes of moving along the continuum, it totally counts.

As a result, I have now had my first experience eating Lobster. I'm not sure what to make of it; it tasted OK, but felt like raw beef. And lobsters are totally giant bugs. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I also had it confirmed by the waiter that there is in fact no dignified way to eat non-de-shelled shrimp.

My fiancée is laughing silently as I write this. I shall go hug her now, and look forward to further adventures moving along the Continuum of Real Dates in time to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment